Forum

Introductions

Introductions  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS
scains
(@scains)

Thanks for that, probably worth making this feature more obvious to users.  None of my features have been assessed yet, but I will keep watching.  Thanks !

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2020 1:10 pm
Kevin E
(@kevansuk)

Hi all,

I too discovered the project rather late in the day but keen to contribute if I can. 🙂  I’ve lived in Berkhamsted for 17 years so know that area + ashridge best. Always had amateur interest in archaeology ever since I was small - probably thanks to school trips to Plains Indians museums in Oklahoma where I grew up! Happy to take advice on where to start, I’ve completed all the tutorials and am ready to get cracking! Tutorials were very well put together by the way. 
Kevin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 6:10 pm
Susan Holmes
(@susan-holmes)
Mrs

Hi Kevin

Welcome! and there are several of us in the Berkhamsted area,  partly working on the Ashridge  NT records and we have also done some ground-truthing on the banks and ditches there.  There are still several areas around here that have not been searched very rigorously, you can see here :

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=53546371619647f88a81dd39af58e157&extent=-1.5771,51.3997,0.4512,52.1028

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/07/2020 8:17 pm
Paulnye
(@paulnye)

Good morning, I am Paul and I was introduced to the project through a presentation which Ed did for the Tracking the Impact project. I live in the Chilterns and I am a keen walker. As someone who loves maps, the tools available within the LIDAR framework are a delight to play with! I am also a footpath representative for the Chiltern Society, so I will probably start by seeing whether there is anything of interest in "my patch" just south of West Wycombe.

One initial question, is there a way of editing a record once it has been saved?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2020 9:15 am
Susan Holmes
(@susan-holmes)
Mrs

Hi Paul

Glad that you have joined! There must be a lot of interesting things to find around West Wycombe, as well as the fine hillfort.

There isn't any way that you can edit your record once saved, but if you get more information you can always add another record in the same place, so that will be considered at the review stage as well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/08/2020 9:37 am
Andrew173 liked
Page 4 / 4
Share:
Scroll to top

Working

Please Login or Register